- May 25, 2019
- July 1, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- November 15, 2019
Writing Coach and College Admissions Advisor
IvyClimbing Education Services is an education consulting company located in Sunnyvale, California. It is currently recruiting two talented writing coach/college admission advisors (combined positions) to work 80% to 100% with high school students. The specifics are below.
Working with Three Groups of Students:
- Visitors/Students (9th-11th grade)
- Visitors/Students (11th grade) (in the pipeline of applying for colleges)
- Seniors (in the process of applying for colleges)
Services to Students:
- Summer Pre-College Program Applications
- One-on-One Visitor Meetings & Counseling (e.g. course selection, extracurricular activities, test planning, summer arrangement)
- College Application Support (e.g. essay coaching, resume development, application forms completion, to recommendation letter preps)
Percentage of Work Involved:
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors)
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Seniors for college admissions)
- 30% Writing Coach
- 30% Editing
- 10% Administrative
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, or any other writing intensive programs and training, such as history, journalism, MFA, and Ph.D.
- Superb writing skills, with experience writing personal narratives, essays, and creative non-fictions.
- A strong ability to guide students to research colleges and universities and produce high quality content to support college, summer program, and scholarship applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Flexible, able to work in the late afternoons/evenings/weekends when students are available
- College admissions knowledge desirable, but not required
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Other Key Personal Attributes for Success on This Job:
- A self-learner, researcher, go-getter, role model
- Proactive, service oriented, patient
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a great sense of urgency
- Embrace and initiate changes
Out of the area candidates, please do not apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: hello@IvyClimbing.com.
IvyClimbing company website: www.IvyClimbing.com.
- May 5, 2019
Buzz— who made his first campus appearance in 1980 — is the world-famous and beloved mascot of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Buzz gets Tech fans cheering at nearly all the Institute’s intercollegiate sporting events. RATS Week. If you’re a current … More
- May 2, 2019
The Fence. Like Northwestern’s rock and Tufts’ cannon, Carnegie Mellon also boasts a commonly painted object in the middle of campus: the Fence. Except cooler. Why? Because the original wooden fence, before it’s collapse in 1993, was considered the “world’s most … More
- May 1, 2019
The Infinite Corridor lines up with the plane of the ecliptic twice a year, filling the 0.16 mile hallway with sunlight. MIT has an “Engineer’s Drinking Song”. The Smoot: In 1958 the Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity measured the Harvard Bridge according the … More
- April 19, 2019
Farm-to-fork dining hall (with an “A” rating from Niche.com)—one of seven dining halls available to students of The Claremont Colleges. #1 for the most student Fulbrights at an undergrad institution for 6 straight years—The Chronicle of Higher Education, 2010-2015. Color: Orange … More