Writing Coach and College Admissions Advisor
IvyClimbing Education Services is an education consulting company located in Sunnyvale, California. It is currently recruiting two talented writing coach/college admission advisors (combined positions) to work 80% to 100% with high school students. The specifics are below.
Working with Three Groups of Students:
- Visitors/Students (9th-11th grade)
- Visitors/Students (11th grade) (in the pipeline of applying for colleges)
- Seniors (in the process of applying for colleges)
Services to Students:
- Summer Pre-College Program Applications
- One-on-One Visitor Meetings & Counseling (e.g. course selection, extracurricular activities, test planning, summer arrangement)
- College Application Support (e.g. essay coaching, resume development, application forms completion, to recommendation letter preps)
Percentage of Work Involved:
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors)
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Seniors for college admissions)
- 30% Writing Coach
- 30% Editing
- 10% Administrative
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, or any other writing intensive programs and training, such as history, journalism, MFA, and Ph.D.
- Superb writing skills, with experience writing personal narratives, essays, and creative non-fictions.
- A strong ability to guide students to research colleges and universities and produce high quality content to support college, summer program, and scholarship applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Flexible, able to work in the late afternoons/evenings/weekends when students are available
- College admissions knowledge desirable, but not required
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Other Key Personal Attributes for Success on This Job:
- A self-learner, researcher, go-getter, role model
- Proactive, service oriented, patient
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a great sense of urgency
- Embrace and initiate changes
Out of the area candidates, please do not apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: hello@IvyClimbing.com.
IvyClimbing company website: www.IvyClimbing.com.
- July 22, 2017
For almost two centuries, Amherst has been educating a talented, diverse student body. Amherst’s historical “firsts” include the world’s first intercollegiate baseball game, the country’s first collegiate athletics program and the nation’s first undergraduate neuroscience program. The first (and so … More
- July 15, 2017
Stepsinging. In a tradition that evolved from informal social gatherings, students began to assemble to sing on the steps of Houghton Chapel after its dedication in 1899. Today, students assemble by class four times a year dressed in their class … More
- July 15, 2017
Five College Consortium. Student and faculty exchanges, joint faculty appointments, joint course offerings, Ph.D. programs, combined library catalogues and borrowing privileges between Smith and nearby Amherst, Mount Holyoke and Hampshire colleges and the University of Massachusetts. Source Rally Day. A … More
- July 15, 2017
A partial list of accomplishments by Mount Holyoke alumnae and teacher scientists: First person to collect weather data in the U.S. First woman specialist in aerospace medicine. Read More Pangy Day. In 1979, Pangynaskeia (now commonly called “Pangy Day”) debuted as … More