May 1, 2019
Deposit: Last day to submit deposits to colleges of intent to enroll
- May 25, 2019
- July 1, 2019
- July 15, 2019
- November 15, 2019
Writing Coach and College Admissions Advisor
IvyClimbing Education Services is an education consulting company located in Sunnyvale, California. It is currently recruiting two talented writing coach/college admission advisors (combined positions) to work 80% to 100% with high school students. The specifics are below.
Working with Three Groups of Students:
- Visitors/Students (9th-11th grade)
- Visitors/Students (11th grade) (in the pipeline of applying for colleges)
- Seniors (in the process of applying for colleges)
Services to Students:
- Summer Pre-College Program Applications
- One-on-One Visitor Meetings & Counseling (e.g. course selection, extracurricular activities, test planning, summer arrangement)
- College Application Support (e.g. essay coaching, resume development, application forms completion, to recommendation letter preps)
Percentage of Work Involved:
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors)
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Seniors for college admissions)
- 30% Writing Coach
- 30% Editing
- 10% Administrative
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, or any other writing intensive programs and training, such as history, journalism, MFA, and Ph.D.
- Superb writing skills, with experience writing personal narratives, essays, and creative non-fictions.
- A strong ability to guide students to research colleges and universities and produce high quality content to support college, summer program, and scholarship applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Flexible, able to work in the late afternoons/evenings/weekends when students are available
- College admissions knowledge desirable, but not required
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Other Key Personal Attributes for Success on This Job:
- A self-learner, researcher, go-getter, role model
- Proactive, service oriented, patient
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a great sense of urgency
- Embrace and initiate changes
Out of the area candidates, please do not apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: hello@IvyClimbing.com.
IvyClimbing company website: www.IvyClimbing.com.
- March 10, 2019
Altgeld Hall Bells. Not only do these bells mark the time, but every weekday a concert is held for those walking to class after lunchtime. Along with “Hail to the Orange,” you might just hear the Beatles or Harry Potter! … More
- March 8, 2019
Tree Campus USA. In 2009, the UW became the first college in Washington state to be declared a “Tree Campus USA” by the Arbor Day Foundation, recognizing the UW’s dedication to campus forestry management and environmental stewardship. Color: Purple and … More
- March 5, 2019
CROSSTOWN RIVALRY. Of all the Bruin traditions, none is more beloved than those that taunt and tease our crosstown rival USC. The rivalry hearkens back to the university’s fledgling days as the Southern Branch, when USC students would mock Southern … More
- March 1, 2019
The founding of Bryn Mawr carried out the will of Joseph W. Taylor, a physician who wanted to establish a college “for the advanced education of females.” Taylor originally envisioned an institution that would inculcate in its students the beliefs … More