Writing Coach and College Admissions Advisor
IvyClimbing Education Services is an education consulting company located in Sunnyvale, California. It is currently recruiting two talented writing coach/college admission advisors (combined positions) to work 80% to 100% with high school students. The specifics are below.
Working with Three Groups of Students:
- Visitors/Students (9th-11th grade)
- Visitors/Students (11th grade) (in the pipeline of applying for colleges)
- Seniors (in the process of applying for colleges)
Services to Students:
- Summer Pre-College Program Applications
- One-on-One Visitor Meetings & Counseling (e.g. course selection, extracurricular activities, test planning, summer arrangement)
- College Application Support (e.g. essay coaching, resume development, application forms completion, to recommendation letter preps)
Percentage of Work Involved:
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors)
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Seniors for college admissions)
- 30% Writing Coach
- 30% Editing
- 10% Administrative
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, or any other writing intensive programs and training, such as history, journalism, MFA, and Ph.D.
- Superb writing skills, with experience writing personal narratives, essays, and creative non-fictions.
- A strong ability to guide students to research colleges and universities and produce high quality content to support college, summer program, and scholarship applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Flexible, able to work in the late afternoons/evenings/weekends when students are available
- College admissions knowledge desirable, but not required
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Other Key Personal Attributes for Success on This Job:
- A self-learner, researcher, go-getter, role model
- Proactive, service oriented, patient
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a great sense of urgency
- Embrace and initiate changes
Out of the area candidates, please do not apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: [email protected].
IvyClimbing company website: www.IvyClimbing.com.
- November 2, 2020
1,000 NIGHTS. The 1,000 Nights formal is for first-year students only, signifying the roughly 1,000 more days until graduation. It was inspired by the 100 Nights formal held each spring for seniors that marks the number of days until Commencement. … More
- October 30, 2020
In 2015, Richmond tied for first in the bachelor’s institutions category of universities producing the most Fulbright U.S. Scholars. Source Investiture. This event marks the formal introduction of first-year students into the College. Students are introduced to the history of … More
- October 29, 2020
Lehigh and Lafayette has had a rivalry as far back as 1884. Seal and Motto. “Homo Minister et Interpres Naturae,” which translates loosely to “Man, the servant and interpreter of nature,” taken from the works of Francis Bacon, was used … More
- October 26, 2020
Notable Alumni: Co-founder of Google, Sergey Brin, attended UMD and graduated with a BS in Computer Science in 1993. Source Three-time Olympic gymnast, Dominique Dawes, attended UMD and graduated in 2002 after winning the gold medal at the 1996 Olympics … More