- January 20, 2020
- January 21, 2020
- February 1, 2020
- March 1, 2020
May 1, 2020
Deposit: Last day to submit deposits to colleges of intent to enroll
Writing Coach and College Admissions Advisor
IvyClimbing Education Services is an education consulting company located in Sunnyvale, California. It is currently recruiting two talented writing coach/college admission advisors (combined positions) to work 80% to 100% with high school students. The specifics are below.
Working with Three Groups of Students:
- Visitors/Students (9th-11th grade)
- Visitors/Students (11th grade) (in the pipeline of applying for colleges)
- Seniors (in the process of applying for colleges)
Services to Students:
- Summer Pre-College Program Applications
- One-on-One Visitor Meetings & Counseling (e.g. course selection, extracurricular activities, test planning, summer arrangement)
- College Application Support (e.g. essay coaching, resume development, application forms completion, to recommendation letter preps)
Percentage of Work Involved:
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors)
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Seniors for college admissions)
- 30% Writing Coach
- 30% Editing
- 10% Administrative
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, or any other writing intensive programs and training, such as history, journalism, MFA, and Ph.D.
- Superb writing skills, with experience writing personal narratives, essays, and creative non-fictions.
- A strong ability to guide students to research colleges and universities and produce high quality content to support college, summer program, and scholarship applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Flexible, able to work in the late afternoons/evenings/weekends when students are available
- College admissions knowledge desirable, but not required
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Other Key Personal Attributes for Success on This Job:
- A self-learner, researcher, go-getter, role model
- Proactive, service oriented, patient
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a great sense of urgency
- Embrace and initiate changes
Out of the area candidates, please do not apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: hello@IvyClimbing.com.
IvyClimbing company website: www.IvyClimbing.com.
- December 29, 2019
The university’s motto, which appears inside an open book in the middle of the university seal, is Per Veritatem Vis, “Strength through Truth.” The motto was adopted in 1915. The current version of the official university seal was created in … More
- December 29, 2019
Georgetown students like to boast about our awesome Alumni, Bill Clinton and Bradley Cooper. Who wouldn’t boast if they had grads that were the President of the United States of America and an Academy Award Nominee? Bonus: They stop by … More
- December 26, 2019
Founders Day. Yale began a new tradition in 2014 of a “Founders Day” event for students, faculty, and staff, to be held annually on a day close to the anniversary of the 1701 founding. Class Day. Class Day takes place … More
- December 19, 2019
There’s a house on campus specifically for bats, part of the Florida Bat Conservancy. One of the largest collections of butterfly and moth specimens in the world is housed at the University of Florida McGuire Center, rivaling that of the … More