Writing Coach and College Admissions Advisor
IvyClimbing Education Services is an education consulting company located in Sunnyvale, California. It is currently recruiting two talented writing coach/college admission advisors (combined positions) to work 80% to 100% with high school students. The specifics are below.
Working with Three Groups of Students:
- Visitors/Students (9th-11th grade)
- Visitors/Students (11th grade) (in the pipeline of applying for colleges)
- Seniors (in the process of applying for colleges)
Services to Students:
- Summer Pre-College Program Applications
- One-on-One Visitor Meetings & Counseling (e.g. course selection, extracurricular activities, test planning, summer arrangement)
- College Application Support (e.g. essay coaching, resume development, application forms completion, to recommendation letter preps)
Percentage of Work Involved:
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors)
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Seniors for college admissions)
- 30% Writing Coach
- 30% Editing
- 10% Administrative
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, or any other writing intensive programs and training, such as history, journalism, MFA, and Ph.D.
- Superb writing skills, with experience writing personal narratives, essays, and creative non-fictions.
- A strong ability to guide students to research colleges and universities and produce high quality content to support college, summer program, and scholarship applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Flexible, able to work in the late afternoons/evenings/weekends when students are available
- College admissions knowledge desirable, but not required
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Other Key Personal Attributes for Success on This Job:
- A self-learner, researcher, go-getter, role model
- Proactive, service oriented, patient
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a great sense of urgency
- Embrace and initiate changes
Out of the area candidates, please do not apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: [email protected].
IvyClimbing company website: www.IvyClimbing.com.
- August 5, 2020
The Bard College of today reflects in many ways its varied past. Bard was founded as St. Stephen’s College in 1860, a time of national crisis. While there are no written records of the founders’ attitude toward the Civil War, a … More
- August 2, 2020
“Buckeye Battle Cry” became the fight song for OSU in 1919 and has been a traditional song ever since. The song is sung during Script Ohio while the “I” is being dotted. Source The ‘O-H! I-O!’ chant is one of … More
- July 26, 2020
Northeastern’s Co-op (Cooperative Education) Program attracts many applicants to apply. Not only is it one of the most popular programs, Northeastern was actually one of the first schools to instill such a program in 1909. Source Northeastern adopted the nickname … More
- July 22, 2020
Carleton College is also known for its pre-finals, stress-relieving ritual: the “Primal Scream,” which is exactly what it sounds like. Perhaps to further distinguish itself from other colleges that have a similar scream tradition (like Columbia and Stanford), Carleton has … More