- February 1, 2020
- March 1, 2020
May 1, 2020
Deposit: Last day to submit deposits to colleges of intent to enroll
Writing Coach and College Admissions Advisor
IvyClimbing Education Services is an education consulting company located in Sunnyvale, California. It is currently recruiting two talented writing coach/college admission advisors (combined positions) to work 80% to 100% with high school students. The specifics are below.
Working with Three Groups of Students:
- Visitors/Students (9th-11th grade)
- Visitors/Students (11th grade) (in the pipeline of applying for colleges)
- Seniors (in the process of applying for colleges)
Services to Students:
- Summer Pre-College Program Applications
- One-on-One Visitor Meetings & Counseling (e.g. course selection, extracurricular activities, test planning, summer arrangement)
- College Application Support (e.g. essay coaching, resume development, application forms completion, to recommendation letter preps)
Percentage of Work Involved:
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors)
- 15% Student Advising (e.g. Seniors for college admissions)
- 30% Writing Coach
- 30% Editing
- 10% Administrative
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in English, or any other writing intensive programs and training, such as history, journalism, MFA, and Ph.D.
- Superb writing skills, with experience writing personal narratives, essays, and creative non-fictions.
- A strong ability to guide students to research colleges and universities and produce high quality content to support college, summer program, and scholarship applications
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and project management skills
- Flexible, able to work in the late afternoons/evenings/weekends when students are available
- College admissions knowledge desirable, but not required
- Teaching experience desirable, but not required
Other Key Personal Attributes for Success on This Job:
- A self-learner, researcher, go-getter, role model
- Proactive, service oriented, patient
- Detail and deadline oriented, with a great sense of urgency
- Embrace and initiate changes
Out of the area candidates, please do not apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume to: hello@IvyClimbing.com.
IvyClimbing company website: www.IvyClimbing.com.
- October 19, 2019
Dooley’s Week: Dooley, a skeleton used in the biology department in 1899, became the unofficial mascot and guardian of school spirit at Emory. Once every year during Spring an unidentified student dresses up as Dooley and upholds school spirit and creates … More
- October 17, 2019
The freshmen/sophomore tug-of-war into Lakum Duckum, The pond between Maxey Hall and Memorial Building is named Lakum Duckum as a pun of Americanized Latin. The tug-of-war was a rite of passage for the freshmen men; they were required to wear … More
- October 16, 2019
In 2015, Richmond tied for first in the bachelor’s institutions category of universities producing the most Fulbright U.S. Scholars. Source Investiture. This event marks the formal introduction of first-year students into the College. Students are introduced to the history of … More
- October 14, 2019
Along with North Carolina citizens, the school’s athletic teams are referred to as the North Carolina Tar Heels, but what exactly is a tar heel? There are two possible origins. The first: during the revolutionary war, British troops found their … More